Friday 21 December 2012

21.12.12 End of the World

15 Days to go

Well the world is meant to end tonight or early tomorrow morning and let's hope for my sake that doesn't happen.  118 days with no alcohol, working and training my ass off and it all ends with a fiery ball or massive wave and I have not had a vesper martini, I am not going to be impressed.

I am really looking forward to the break from work.  The last month has been hell and when I was having this conversation with someone today they said that it sounds like I just want to enjoy training again.  I had a think about it and that is exactly what the issue is.  I just want to wake up and go for a run without having to get up ridiculously dry just so I can complete the run or ride before work and then at the end of the day make sure I am not leaving too late so that I get home to spend time with my family.  The fact that I get to have a mini break before the race is a blessing in disguise.  Not only will I get the chance to enjoy the training again but will feel relaxed going into the race.

So bring on the weekend and one more day of work.  Hopefully we all get through tonight so that the I can enjoy that long awaited break.

No comments:

Post a Comment