Sunday 17 June 2012

16.06.12 Big Night Out

I had to write this now as normally I would proof a run and then write about it but today is important...I am injured!!!

It all started on Thursday night when I flew up for my big bosses farewell in Auckland.  He has done a lot for me over the years so there was not way I was going to miss saying thank you and farewell.  What made it even better was that there was no agenda, it was just all of the GM's around the country and Head Office enjoying each others company.  Dannny Doolans at the Viaduct in Auckland thinks we should do it more often anyway...

So we had some speeches and they were awesome but I knew it may be a long night on the feet so wore my comfortable work shoes.  Unfortunately, I have never found a comfortable work shoe so wore my my most comfortable that would allow me to stand for a couple of hours.  They were not that comfortable...

I was standing up for around 5 hours when we finally left.  All I could think of was going back to the hotel in Auckland and get changed into my Adidas shoes and out of my suit into a nice pair of jeans an comfortable shirt.  I finally left at around 9:15pm and went back to the hotel and changed into the above before heading out with the boss to celebrate his awesome management over the last 5 years.  I had a good night and danced the night away care of an awesome band at Danny Doolans before heading home in the wee hours of the morning...

Woke up on Friday and felt okay (surprising) but headed to breakfast before working through the emails and then flying back to Wellington.  I noticed that my feet were killing me but were made much better from the shoe swap the night before.  I had a little niggle in my pad on both of the bottom of my feet but nothing to worry about.  Flew home and got back to work finalizing the emails before heading home.  Too much dancing I think, will see how my feet feel tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment